Monday, June 25, 2012

Pain

What is your pain tolerance? What does it take for you to throw in the towel and take medicine? I don't care what the medicine is, this post is about pain. I had my gallbladder removed. It was outpatient so not much damage per say. But it still hurts. I am having some bad reactions. Fluid backed up, a bad reaction to a suture, things like that. But nothing too serious. So anyways, my pain tolerance is pretty high. If I am reaching for medicine its pretty bad. I hate taking medicine, but if I need it I will take it.

I have dealt with kidney stones, twice, both times I was pregnant with my son. I have had gallstones(which lead to the removal of the gallbladder), and I have delivered 3 kids over 8 pounds. I had an epidural with mine, but I was also induced so I had to wait until the contractions and my dilation was to a certain number. Can't remember that number lol. So I have had a lot of practice dealing with pain lol.

I bring this topic up because I am having some pain, but also on mythbusters they did an episode (NO PAIN, NO GAIN) on what sex can handle pain longer, male or females. Of course it was just an ice bath so that didnt really prove anything, but giving birth can. I am just curious as to pain tolerance and what degree does it have to be for you to give in. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment