Thursday, May 10, 2012

Army stereo types

I am an army wife. We have lived in 3 different states since 2006. We have been through 2 deployments(he is now on his 3rd) since 2006. We have 3 beautiful children. I always hear something negative about army wives. Its not about 1 or 2 or 5 its about all army wives, or military spouses in general. We cheat, spend all the money, don't take care of anything or anyone but ourselves. I'm here to vouch for myself and the spouses I do know. We don't blow the money, yes I like to buy things to decorate the house with, new clothes for the kids if they need them(but I still shop at goodwill), new toys if they behave. I don't cheat. I love my husband dearly. We have one of the best relationships out there. I take care of my kids. I love my kids. They are my life and my rock during deployments. Now, there are military spouses that do cheat, spend, and ignore everyone. But there are spouses that are married to civilians and do those things. But us spouses get the negativity because for 1 our spouses are deployed, and for 2 because most military spouses are that way. But not all.

The other thing I want to touch base on is kids. Our kids. Now I know single moms take care of kids all by themselves. And I applaud them, but they live next to family. Or close to family. My family lives far away from me. I have to call 2 weeks ahead to schedule for my kids to be in daycare if I have a doctor's appt, or a dentist appt. If I don't get them in daycare I must reschedule and try again. I can't just call my family and say hey I need you to watch the kids please. I also am worrying about my husband being in a war zone. So ontop of my concerns and medical problems(if any) or the kids health, I am also thinking will my husband call me? Will he get online? If he doesn't, is he safe, alive, what?

So please next time, think before you judge. Oh and the other thing, the worst comment you can ever say to a spouse is MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER SHOULD JOIN THE MILITARY BECAUSE THEY ARE NEVER HOME ANYWAYS. That comment should be banned from all of America. I want to slap someone everytime I hear that. So, ask yourself the next time you want to say that comment, DO I WANT TO BE BITCH SLAPPED ALL OVER TOWN? Yea I said it. So what?! That is my whiny bit for today!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. People should learn to think before they open their mouths. Sure their significant other is never home, however they aren't in the middle of friggin nowhere in a war zone either. Huge difference. Military spouse stereotypes annoy me to death, and I'm not a military spouse.

    ReplyDelete